Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Autumn: Colorado commissions, part 11

These two oil paintings are part of a commission of 6 paintings I painted last year. All of the paintings are from the Stove Prairie area. (west of Ft. Collins, CO)  There was a team of 5 artists each painting 6 historical paintings of the area.  The reference photos we had were of present day, so quite a bit of research went into making the artwork.  The 30 finished paintings are mounted in a coffered  ceiling of the library of the clients' new home.  They tell a story, depict the area and even the seasons were coordinated so it looks spectacular. If you would like to see all 6 of my paintings, you can look on my facebook art page. (you don't need to have a facebook account to see it)

"Where the Buffalo Roamed"

"Stove Prairie"
More of my work can be seen online:
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available)
artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)
(some of my artwork on various products)
dailypaintersinternationalartgallery.blogspot.com 



No comments: