Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sol

"Sol" oil (sold)
I finished this 24" x 36" oil painting recently.  I was inspired by a scene I encountered on Flathead Lake, near Kalispell, Montana.  I've always loved and have painted a series of Adirondack chairs but this one was the most colorful version I've seen yet.  I was attracted to the rainbow of colors, especially in the water.  The original photo had a "Corona" box which I took artistic license and created my own label: "Down Dog Ale".  This painting was sold before the paint was dry to dear friends who loved it.   A variety of high quality prints can be ordered through Fine Art America.

You can see more of my art online:

Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)


MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: