Monday, September 1, 2014

Plein Air Rockies: Longs Peak Thunder

Longs Peak Thunder (oil)

I drove up Trail Ridge Road during the Plein Air Rockies 2014 event to see if I could capture some high mountain peaks.  The weather was unstable though.  I found a parking spot for my Vanagon in the Forest Canyon parking lot on top of Rocky Mountain Park, Colorado. I literally painted out of my van to be safer from the storm.  I had two short painting sessions to capture the peaks as a few violent storms came through. When the lightning got too close I ducked inside the van to wait it out.  It was another plein air adventure.  I painted quickly, with a pallet knife and enjoyed swirling impasto strokes in this original oil.

This original oil painting is for sale. Inquire for availabilty
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: