Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sweet Art Show


Retreat
 I recently rejoined the Lincoln Gallery in Loveland, Colorado.  This co-op gallery is run by the Thompson Valley Art League.  Every February they sponsor a members show called the Sweet Art show.  (Valentine's Day is a big deal in Loveland every year.) I entered two oils and "Retreat" won 2nd place for oils.  I love this scene of an Adirondack chair sitting beside a peaceful alpine lake with  the rugged Rocky Mountain peaks surrounding it.  I found this scene near Fernie, British  Columbia at Island Lake Lodge.  I added the red glass of wine to make it that much more inviting.  This original oil is for sale, contact me for current availability.

A possible companion piece for "Retreat" is "Recharge" which is a larger (24" x 30") original oil painting with two Adirondack chairs with two wine glasses and a bottle of wine.  "Recharge" is more impressionistic with some impasto.  Both paintings give me peace of mind

Recharge




You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com


No comments: