Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Oil painting class opening



 I have an oil painting spot open in my home studio class on Thursday afternoons!  I teach 6 students weekly and rarely have an opening.  I would prefer someone with some experience but is willing to keep learning.  We meet 1-4pm most Thursdays in west Loveland, Colorado.

The above picture is an example of one of the many things I teach: underpainting.  This oil painting isn't finished but it gives you the idea of what an underpainting does.  By painting monochromatically with a transparent paint you figure out the drawing and values then apply oil paint. This way you have a more accurate image.  I was painting this clay sculpture as a still life.  This month we're painting animals or birds.

I earned a BFA in Fine Art many years ago but continue to learn more about all the aspects of painting.  If you are interested in learning to increase your painting skills, please contact me before the spot fills! I paint somewhere between realistic and impressionistic and we have themes in our classes which are student led.

No comments: