Tuesday, November 2, 2010

West Glacier: plein air painting

Here is an example of  a plein air painting taken to the next level.  Not all plein air paintings need to be reworked, but this one did.  The clouds were moving in and my family was anxious to get going so I left it as is. (top)
I felt I did capture the color and feel of the raging river in Glacier National Park (Montana) but I wasn't satisfied with the result.  I printed out my reference photo and brought the painting to a level that I'm happy with.
The finished oil, "West Glacier" is 12" x 9" and is for sale for $100 plus $6 shipping. (unframed)
"West Glacier"





More of my work can be seen online:
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available)
artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)
(some of my artwork on various products)

No comments: