Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Snowy Wishes"

"Snowy Wishes"
I painted this little watercolor "Snowy Wishes"recently.  A friend taught me a watercolor technique for painting aspen trees years ago and I included a cheery snowman in this version. You start out with playing with quite a bit of masking tape and minimal drawing.   Sometimes; Many times actually-it's quite healthy to just play with your paints.  You will probably find that you can be freer, looser and just have more fun painting.  This painting started as a demo in one of my watercolor classes and  I wound up using it for my 2013 Christmas card.  Prints and cards are available of "Snowy Wishes" through Fine Art America.
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)


MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: