Thursday, February 27, 2014

Painting from Life

Luau

Debut
A challenge I've given myself every week for 7 years now is to capture the human form from life, in just under 3 hours. I attend a weekly figurative (nude or costumed) life painting and drawing group with other artists of like mind.  I have brought a multitude of mediums but presently have been bringing my oil paints. "Luau" was painted on New Years Eve 2013 when our model resembled a Hawaiian dancer.  "Debut" was a first time model of a brand new model that was absolutely still. These two pieces were completed in the last few months.  Both are 9" X 12" original oils on canvas panels and are for sale.  Contact me for availability.
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: