Sunday, June 27, 2010

"The Clearing"



These paintings are from the CSU campus at Pingree Park in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.  Usually  if I paint a plein air the studio piece follows. In this case I did the opposite. The first one (left, sold) I painted in pastel was done using a reference photo. The plein air piece (right) was painted about a year later in the same place. Some of the trees on the side of the puddle had been cut down plus I have found that plein air paintings can turn out fresher, sometimes lighter.  "The Clearing, plein air" (pastel) on the right is for sale through Centennial galleries currently.
You can  contact me for information.
More of my artwork at these sites:
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available)
artforconservation.com  
(some of my artwork on various products)

No comments: