Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Aspen Lake progressive paintings

Here is another example of "progressive painting."  The painting on the left is a 10" x 10" plein air oil painting of Aspen Lake in northern New Mexico.  (currently for sale at Mt. Living Studio, Manitou Springs, CO)  I used the reference photo from the plein air combined with a photo of some Adirondack chairs to paint "Aspen Lake" in pastel (right).  The last painting in this mini series is "My Space", a 24" x 18" oil.  I saturated the colors more and added a couple of bottles of Grolsch  beer to make the scene even more inviting.  "My Space" is currently for sale through Centennial Galleries. (Ft. Collins, CO)












More of my work can be seen online:
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available)
artforconservation.com  
(some of my artwork on various products)
You can  contact me for more information. 

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

Very interesting series. I like how you take us on your journey with you. Nice work.