Saturday, August 2, 2014

Paint the Poudre Plein Air: Swetsville Zoo


"Gotcha"
On two mornings of the Paint the Poudre Plein Air event, I went to the Swetsville Zoo in Timnath, Colorado.  Bill Swets has created an incredible sculpture park he's created out of welding old cars, farm equipment and anything else he re-purposes into the most creative sculptures around.  I choose to paint one of his 'fisherman' on the Poudre River.  I also painted his knight & dragon which I will post when I finish the painting (I got rained out)  The Swetsville Zoo is a Northern Colorado treasure that is endangered.  Do visit the zoo!  There is no admission charge, but donations are accepted to help defray the costs. I took my kids there 20 years ago but I still enjoy this treasure and am thankful to Bill Swets for sharing his creativity.

You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)


MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: