Monday, August 4, 2014

PPPA: Cool Diversion

Cool Diversion

Add caption
I painted "Cool Diversion" one morning while during the Paint the Poudre Plein Air 2014 event.  Rose Brink's was kind to allow the group to paint at her LaPorte, Colorado farm. I chose a spot in the shade next to one of the diversion channels off the the Poudre River.  There was an old, rather nasty pipe running right through my scene which I decided to eliminate. I painted this alla prima, en plein air with oil paint and sold the painting at opening night of the show. 
The second picture I posted is a black and white version of the same piece. I'm learning more and more how critical a good value range in paintings with a strong composition can make a successful painting. Prints can be ordered through Fine Art America.
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)

No comments: