Sunday, August 3, 2014

Painting the Poudre

"Backstage"

As part of participating in the Paint the Poudre Plein Air 2014 event, I headed up the Poudre River extremely early one morning last week (set my alarm for 3:40AM).  I wound up painting on the property of the Mishawaka, a restaurant and concert venue west of Fort Collins, Colorado. I was kindly given permission to paint on their property and climbed behind the stage and perched behind the stage and the rushing Poudre River to paint en plein air.  I even had the pleasure of watching 5 raft tours float by.  I wound up using my pallet knife on this one to create some fairly heavy impasto. This original oil painting is for sale, inquire for details.
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)


MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: