Friday, August 29, 2014

Plein Air Rockies: Bear Lake

"Altitude"  14" x 11" oil

Painting Plein Air at Bear Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
For the Plein Air Rockies 2014 event I spent several consecutive days painting in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado.  On my first day there I headed up to Bear Lake to snag a parking spot as they fill up quickly.  I wheeled my plein air supplies to scenic spot on the lake, just off the very mild hiking trail that circles the alpine lake at 9,450 feet above sea level.  I painted most of the day to be able to finish it Alla Prima even though the light changed dramatically. My finished oil painting, "Altitude" is now part of the Plein Air Rockies 2014 show at the Cultural Art Council Fine Art Gallery in Estes Park through October and is for sale.
This original oil painting is for sale. Inquire for availabilty
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: