Sunday, November 23, 2014

Plein Air Tuscany: Fattoria Armena

Fattoria Armena
on location in Tuscany
 On my 3rd day of plein air painting in Italy this past September I decided to paint the arches in the courtyard of Fattoria Armena.  There were plenty of pots with flowers and I decided to include the large geraniums in the foreground. .  The spot where I painted was just steps from the apartment where I was staying.

The arches, bricks and flowers were reminiscent of the 70' mural of the Lincoln Gallery that I painted with three of my friends in 2001. I felt like I was painting in our mural-very dreamlike. 

To conserve on space I oil painted on sheets of 9 x 12" linen which I clipped to foam core. I had toned the linen before the trip so I would not have to work on stark white surfaces.   After the paintings were dry I could layer them between wax paper to bring them home.  I later mounted them onto archival foam core to put into frames.
This original oil painting is for sale, please contact me for availability.
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com
The mural for the Lincoln Gallery, Loveland, Colorado.

No comments: