Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuscany: plein air 2014

Hide and Seek


I had the trip of a lifetime this past September.  I had the chance to plein air paint in Tuscany, Italy with another artist friend.  We've talked about it for years and decided to make it happen in 2014. It had been a dream of mine to paint the vineyards and rolling hills in Tuscany.
On our first morning of painting we walked out the front door of the agriturisimo we were staying south of Sienna. There was a thick fog but occasionally the hilltops with villas  emerged from the mist. I set up my pochade box, photographed my scene and started oil painting.  Not long after I started "Hide and Seek" the fog completely covered my scene.  I tried working from the image in my digital camera between glimpses of the villa in the fog.  My goal was to capture a moment and instill a memory which was successful.  This original oil painting is for sale, please contact me for availability.
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: