Sunday, November 9, 2014

Plein Air Tuscany: Vigneto


Vigneto 9" x 12" oil

Vigneto on my M Box

Inspiration
 The second  oil painting I completed in my Tuscan plein air adventure is "Vigneto" (vineyard in Italian).  The morning fog was still working on lifting when I started this scene of vineyards and olive groves.  This is on the property at the Agriturisimo  I was staying at in September of 2014.  I was situated on top of one of the many Tuscan rolling hills and had a wonderful distant view once the morning fog lifted.  This original oil was painted alla prima, on site.  I used 9 x 12" linen sheets that I later mounted onto acid free foamcore.  This significantly cut down on the amount of space the finished painting would take in my luggage.  There is something about painting under grape vines where you can occasionally taste a sweet grape that remains a  lovely vivid memory. 

This original oil painting is sold.
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: