Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Drawing and Painting in Soft Pastels: Exploring Color


Country Art Classes with Mary Giacomini

Drawing and Painting in Soft Pastels:  Exploring Color

In this session I will be going over more of the basics of drawing principles; value, composition, drawing what you see, etc. which will lead and help with painting in soft pastels.  The focus of this session will incorporate more color experiments and under painting.  As the weather improves, plein air sessions in my backyard are a possibility.

My style swings from realistic to impressionistic to somewhere in between.   I am always open to suggestions of class ideas and will give plenty of individual attention. This class is geared for the novice/beginner to intermediate levels.
Classes are limited to 6 students currently.  Priority is given to the first received.   I live just west of Loveland, Colorado  with a wide open view of the foothills and Big Valley.  It's quiet and inspiring.  I have a new, main floor, north lit studio.
You will need to bring your own materials. I will give students a recommended supply list at registration.  Since painting in pastel is crumbly, you will need either a regular or tabletop easel.
Session 2*:  Friday April 15th, Thursdays: April 21, 28, May 5, 12, 19th, 2011
*beginners welcome
One Friday & Thursday mornings from 9-12 AM at my studio/home.  Cost for 6 -3 hour classes: $162.00 





No comments: