Saturday, October 6, 2012

Oil Painting Classes

McGregor Ranch Oil (sold)
I teach beginning and intermediate oil painting classes out of my home  art studio in West Loveland, Colorado.  The classes are limited to 5 students to ensure lots of private instruction. Here is my schedule for fall 2012.  You can contact me for openings.

October 11 & 18  Impressionistic landscapes
    We'll work in the style of the French impressionists; using dabs of complimentary colors to make your painting vibrant.  Pick your own landscape/photo or use one that I will supply.   The technique works for any subject matter.
Oct 25 & Nov 1   Harvest with Antiques
    We'll work on composition and paint a still life using fall produce with  fun antiques.  If you have anything you'd like to ad, that would be great.
Nov 8    Can this painting be saved?
     Bring your old oil or acrylic (yes oil can go on top of acrylic but not the other way around) painting/s  you are "stuck" on & we'll see if it can be salvaged. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :)  If you have nothing old, start something new of your choice...or finish up paintings from   other classes
Nov 15  Pallet knife painting
    Bring the subject of your choice (simple is better) & we'll swirl thick paint (bring Res n gel to be liberal) like Van Gogh
Nov 29  & Dec 6  Snow Scenes
    We'll paint winter scenes; (you may want to use to make a Christmas card-I'll show you how)
Dec 13 & 20   Miniatures
    We'll paint small (good excuse to get out those tiny brushes & futz) scenes to keep or  they would make marvelous gifts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good!

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my bookmarks. I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again