Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Mesa Arch

Mesa Arch
When I was looking through one of my art books, I came across a watercolor technique that looked interesting.  The artist used hot glue to fragment their painting into sections so the paint could mix on the paper.  I tried hot glue and it stuck to even Arches cold press watercolor paper.  I tried it a few more times using masking fluid instead.  I painted with a limited pallet being careful to let the paint naturally mix on the paper.  The end result is "Mesa Arch" a 11' x 14.5" original watercolor on Arches 300lb Cold press paper.  I feel it almost has a stained glass effect with the transparent watercolors.   I am inspired by the landscapes in Utah with the colorful red, orange and earth tones.  This scene is from Arches National Park.  Contact me for current availability of the this painting.

You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)


(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: