Thursday, November 12, 2015

Autumn Plein Air in Rocky Mountain National Park

The Conversation

Golden Blankets
I am fortunate to live within an hour's drive of Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.  This means I can leave while it's still a bit dark out and drive up the Big Thompson Canyon to capture the vivid  Fall colors that September has to offer in the mountains.  Twice I got out with a plein air buddy to capture the  golden colors in oil.  Both of these oil paintings were finished with a pallet knife alla prima. This is how I like to have fun.  These original oils are currently available for purchase.  Contact me for more information.

You can see more of my artwork online: 

Facebook page (open to the public) 
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)
MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: