Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Progression of a painting

I drew horizontal lines for the horizon lines & perpendicular lines for the trees and reflections in charcoal.  With painting reflections it's important that the reflection is directly under the object.

I blocked in my darks
At this stage local  color is added. I also reshaped the canoe.   I used glazes with  for a medium to give me enough time to blend.


"Silence" (Gateway to Wabakimi) 20 x 16" Oil
Here is a progression of my newest painting "Silence".  The scene is from Northern Ontario, close to the Wabakimi Provincial Park.   There are numerous pristine lakes with forests and few people in this part of the world.  Canoes fit in perfectly.  This Canadian  wilderness is something to cherish.

You can see more of my artwork online: 
Facebook page (open to the public) 
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)
MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: