Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Spring Glow

I recently finished painting "Spring Glow", an original oil painting.  I painted this as a demo in my oil painting class when our project theme was 'acrylic under painting'.  When you play with complimentary layered colors, you will get a glow in your paintings.  I was skeptical about putting the yellow under the sky but it worked out better than I had hoped.
I found this scene near Kalispell, Montana in the Flathead Valley.  This scene is of Peter's Ridge.  I spent a cold, rainy day in June but when the sun cleared, the fresh snow on the Swan Mountains and the end of day sunlit  pine trees inspired me. "Spring Glow" is available for purchase.
Under painting with complimentary colors

Spring Glow
Oil
16 x 20"
My inspiration of Peter's Ridge in the Swan Mountains of Montana.
See more of my art and inquire about available paintings at MaryGiacomini.com

Mary M Giacomini's Artwork                   



Order prints, products & cards!
Instagram; mmgiac

No comments: