Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Plein Air Rockies: Front Range views

Sunday morning view of the south side of Horsetooth Mountain


"Homestead" 6 x 8" oil
Homestead on my pochade box
 Since we were allowed to capture plein air paintings from up to a 50 miles radius from Estes Park, Colorado during the Plein Air Rockies 2014 event, I decided to do some painting close to home.  Quite often I like to zoom in on what interests me for a painting.
Longs Peak Sunset

"Homespun"  
"Homespun" is a 'set up' plein air painting that I painted from my backyard. I put together some of my favorite things: a homemade log cabin quilt I designed, my clothesline, an old metal motel chair and my Front Range Rocky view.  This painting is currently for sale at the Cultural Art Center of Estes Park Fine Art Gallery show through October of 2014. 
 
These original oil paintings are for sale. Inquire for availabilty
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: