Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Plein Air Rockies: The Stanley Hotel

"The Stanley"  12 x 12" oil

On my last day of Plein Air Rockies 2014 during the 'Paint the Town' event I decided to paint the historic Stanley Hotel.
I once again painted out of the shelter of my VW Vanagon as the wind was a little brisk.  The light changed completely as I worked on this painting but I always try to keep in mind that this is my impression of a scene only.  I try to capture the color as I see it in person. I can always use a photo reference with my plein air piece to enlarge a painting.  I was pleased the way this fairly complicated plein air oil turned out though.  It is currently part of the Plein Air Rockies show at the Cultural Art Council gallery in Estes Park, Colorado.

This original oil painting is for sale. Inquire for availabilty
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: