Thursday, January 7, 2010

"1896 Schoolhouse"



"1896 Schoolhouse" is as 22" x 26" original oil on birch wood painting that is the 4th in a series of 6 historical paintings I recently finished for a private collector.   I needed it to look like the time the school was built in 1896 and it's location in northern Colorado.  I also researched the clothing school children of the late 1800's time period wore  for it to be as authentic as possible.  I a  photo in the local archives and got permission to use it for the painting as reference material.  The school is still used today although many additions and remodels have been added.

Although the paintings are sold and in a private collection, you can purchase prints or giclees through Fine Art America.

Please CONTACT me if you have any questions.
You can see more of my artwork at these sites:
(giclees for sale)
(a variety of my work: giclees, prints, cards available)
(some of my artwork on various products)






No comments: