Monday, January 11, 2010

"Strength"


This is the last in a series of 6 commissioned oil paintings I finished recently for the same client. The painting on birch wood is approximately 22" x 26" and is sold.  She liked the subject matter and golden glow of Bierstadt and  Terpening and the style of Richard Schmid.   Incorporating this with my own style into an autumn view  from their home with the  natural rock formations ( I had no autumn references) made it a challenge but one I'm proud to have finished.  By the time I was working on this last painting I was having fun with my pallet knife and lots of impasto.  The finished project is awesome.  I will have more details on that later as it may be published.
Please CONTACT me if you have any questions.
(select giclees for sale)
(a variety of my work: giclees, prints, cards available)
(some of my artwork on various products)







No comments: