Thursday, January 16, 2014

50 Shades

50 Shades
I just finished painting "50 Shades" (of Gray).  I decided to try to paint a small oil version of this 6" x 12" before I tackle a bigger one.  I like the way the miniature turned out so I feel better about enlarging this image.  This scene I encountered did not seem real it was so beautiful.  I was outside of the Prince of Whales hotel in Waterton, Alberta when the sun broke through the heavy cloud cover illuminating the fjords of southern Canada.  When I examined the dramatic values in the photo I saw beautiful purple grays and pink grays that I incorporated into the painting of the Rocky MountainsGrays can be quite stunning.

You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: