Thursday, November 17, 2011

Classic (nude) back poses

Classic Back Pose
Trish
Earth (it really is her name)
Ashley Rae
I don't know why I'm attracted to paint the nude female back.  I've always admired Ingres: Grand Odalisque and maybe it reminds me of that beautiful classic painting.  The top four paintings were done in oil, the bottom is a pastel.  Sometimes I work on a painting with only one color: Transparent Oxide Red.  Working with just value is a great way to train your eye to see it.   All were done alla prima in a 3 hour session.

Other online places to view my art:
Mary M Giacomini's Artwork 
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available)
artforconservation.com  

(limited edition canvas giclees)

(some of my artwork on various products)

No comments: