Saturday, August 2, 2014

Paint the Poudre Plein Air: Horsetooth Reservoir

My 'perch' on the ridges above Horsetooth Reservoir

"Perch" 5 x 11" oil

"Depth" 6 x 12" oil
On one very cloudy cool morning my painting buddy & I headed up to Horsetooth Reservoir which is just west of Fort Collins, Colorado.  At first I was let down with the dim lighting.  I soon realized the atmospheric grays were enchanting with the cool overcast, especially after painting in the 90's all week.  I completed two small oils that morning and am happy with both.
In the Paint the Poudre 2014 event we could paint anywhere along the Poudre River, Fort Collins and Timnath. I completed 8 paintings in 6 days, all of which were completed en plein air. Both of these original oil paintings are available for purchase, contact me for details.

You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)
(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)


MGiacominiart.blogspot.com


No comments: