Tuesday, August 5, 2014

PPPA: Painting Old Town Ft Collins

Old Town Impression

Getting the dark values in first

My vantage point at Linden & Walnut
The last day I painted during the Paint the Poudre Plein Air 2014 event I went to "Old Town" in Fort Collins, Colorado.  I went with a group of art friends and we started by 6:30AM, when the light is the best. I decided to paint the Loomis and Andrews block on the corner of Walnut and Linden streets right across the street from the square where I set up my pochade box.  Old Town Fort Collins is well known for it's historic buildings, great shopping and atmosphere.  My friend Amy Lewark was painting on the corner so I decided to paint the plein air painter painting in my picture as it just captured the moment. This original oil painting is for sale. Inquire for availabilty
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees)

No comments: