Sunday, August 31, 2014

Plein Air Rockies: Moraine Park

The 6AM view from Moraine Park

"Alpenglow"
 I camped for several days in Moraine Park in Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado) for the Plein Air Rockies 2014 event.  Since it was literally out my back door from the campground I created 4 different little oil paintings from this gorgeous area.  I painted "Alpenglow" first after experiencing glowing pink mountains very early in the morning.  I light lasted maybe 5 minutes but I decided to keep the glow in my painting anyway.  These were all done alla prima with quite a bit of pallet knife and impasto.
This was another little 6" x 8" pallet knife painting that I had a ball creating.

Sentinel 4" x 6" oil
 "Sentinel" is a late afternoon view looking up the alpine meadow that is currently for sale in the miniature show at the Cultural Art Center Gallery in Estes Park, Colorado.
I literally walked 20 steps from my campsite to catch this morning view looking SouthEast in Moraine Park at the Rocky Mountains.

These original oil paintings are for sale. Inquire for availabilty
You can see more of my artwork online:
Facebook page (open to the public)

(a variety of my work: prints and cards available) 
 artforconservation.com  
(limited edition canvas giclees) 

MGiacominiart.blogspot.com

No comments: